So you want to host PoolSynergy?
Here are some things to consider…
PoolSynergy is a collection of the best writing in pool. It is a blog carnival specifically created for pool/billiards. Each month, there’s a different theme and the main location travels from host to host. A new edition is launched at 10a.m. Eastern time on the 15th of each month. Contributing writers and hosts are all volunteers. We do this purely for the love of the game.
PS Host Criteria:
- You must have a pool-related blog in order to host PoolSynergy. (We reserve the right to refuse any blog from joining PS based on the appropriateness of its content.)
- Your blog should be current with a minimum 1 post per month update and the content must not be more than 40% advertising.
- You must have participated as a contributing writer at least two times prior to hosting.
- You must be able to create post-dated blog posts. (If you are unsure of how to do this, we will assist you.)
- You must be available on the morning of the 15th for the month you are hosting to ensure posts are live and all links are working properly. It is critical that any bad links are fixed immediately as this is a bad reflection upon everyone.
PS Host Responsibilities:
- Host will select month to host.
- Host is responsible for selecting the theme for their month.
- “Go live” date for PS is at 10:00 Eastern time on the 15th of each month. (e.g. October host is hosting for October 15 publish date)
- Ideally, theme should be announced 60 days prior to the 15th of their month, no later than 40 days prior.
- Announcement & reminders to contributors, should include:
- Your deadline (when you need to receive submissions by).
- Reminder of the “go live” date. It’s always at 10a.m. Eastern time on the 15th of every month.
- The link to your master post & a reminder for everyone to include it in their posts.
- Request for everyone to send you the post-dated links to their posts.
- As submissions are received, host reviews all drafts and compiles summaries for each entry.
- Host creates master post that includes summaries with links to each contributor’s post. (Feel free to be creative.)
- Host should have updated contact numbers for all contributors in the event their post did not get published on time.
- Host should expect to be available on the 15th until all problems are resolved.
- Host should also do as much as they can to promote their post (e.g. announce on AzBilliards Forum, other billiard forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Time to reflect. Take a minute to note any suggestions or improvements for next month’s host.